Following this course, there will be a small quiz that will assess competence. After successful completion of this quiz, dentists will be eligible to earn the AADSM Qualified Dentist designation. To learn more about the Qualified Dentist designation, click here.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
1. Develop a critical understanding of the physiology of healthy sleep and the pathophysiology of multiple sleep disorders.
2. Explain the complexity of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) and a dentist’s role in managing sleep-disordered breathing.
3. Describe demographics, pre-deposing factors, signs and symptoms, and co-morbidities of SDB and various techniques to identify patients at risk.
4. Immediately establish an effective screening protocol and physician referral network supported by inner office systems to streamline and document referrals.
5. Treat OSA with confidence by identifying patients at risk for SDB, performing a comprehensive sleep interview and DSM examination, discussing informed consent, determining a protrusive bite position, acquiring adequate impressions and designing and fitting a mandibular advancement device compatible with the patient’s needs.
6. Using standardized nomenclature, describe attributes and limitations of various device features to aid in selection and design.
7. Incorporate accepted standards of dental sleep medicine practice into a general practice or specialty practice setting with appropriate patient flow algorithms, practice standard requirements, documentation and records.
8. Critically analyze research articles to support clinical decision-making.
A copy of a valid dental license is required to be submitted by all attendees. Attendees licensed to practice in the U.S. or Canada must provide proof of professional liability insurance in order to be eligible for the Qualified Dentist designation.
Mastery 1 includes several clinical competency assignments that require patient interaction. These assignments are required to successfully complete Mastery 1. Registered attendees will receive detailed instructions regarding these assignments. For an overview of clinical competency assignments, click the button below.
In 2022, Mastery 1 will be offered in-person and virtually. For those attending Mastery 1 in-person, in-person attendance for the entirety of the course required for successful completion. Information on each offering can be found below.
Virtual Mastery 1 Information
Virtual Mastery 1 consist of pre-recorded lectures that are available on-demand in the AADSM Online Learning Center between now and September 30, 2022, so you can access the lectures when it works best for you. Registration for the 2022 virtual Mastery 1 will remain open through August 2022. Participants will have until September 30 to complete the on-demand course, regardless of the date of registration. Access to the course is not immediate upon registering. Please allow 1 business day to receive an email from email@example.com with information on how to access the course in the AADSM Online Learning Center.Virtual Mastery 1 CE hours: 51.50 (self-instructional, electronically mediated hours)
Click the button below to view an outline of the topics covered in Mastery 1, including the length of time for each lecture/activity.
Live Question and Answer Sessions (for virtual courses only)
During each virtual Mastery Course window, there will be live question and answer sessions where faculty will be available to answer questions submitted both in advance and during the discussion. Click the button below to view the dates and times for each session.
Live Q&A Sessions Schedule
In-Person Mastery 1 InformationRegistration for the in-person Mastery 1 includes access to all of the virtual Mastery 1 recordings for future reference, if desired. Attendees of the in-person Mastery 1 will be required to watch select pre-recorded lectures, complete clinical competency assignments, and read select scientific articles (totaling 24.75 hours of CE).
In-Person Mastery 1 CE hours: 50.25 (25.50 live in-person and 24.75 self-instructional, electronically mediated hours)
Course Dates and Times
|Thursday, August 25||12:45pm* - 6:00pm|
|Friday, August 26||8:00am - 6:30pm**|
|Saturday, August 27||8:00am - 6:30pm|
|Sunday, August 28||8:00am - 12:30pm|
**Networking reception in exhibit hall takes place from 6:00pm - 6:30pm.
Continental breakfast will be served Friday-Sunday and lunch will be served Friday and Saturday.
Course Location and HotelSheraton Salt Lake City
150 West 500 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Discounted Rate: $149 available until July 29, or until the room block sells out
Check-in time: 3:00 PM
Check-out time: 12:00 PM
Reservations: To make reservations online click HERE, or call: 801-401-2000 and reference group code: AADSM Mastery
The hotel is located 6.3 miles from the Salt Lake City International Airport (approximately a 12-minute drive).
Estimated taxi fare: $23 (one way)