Expanding ENT Referral NetworksPresented by:
- Charisse Sparks, MD
Tuesday, February 27, 2024
7pm-8pm ET (6pm-7pm CT/5pm-6pm MT/4pm-5pm PT)
Duration and CE credit(s): 1.0 hours
On March 1, United Healthcare’s policy changes will establish OAT failure as a prerequisite for surgical treatment on adult patients with moderate to severe OSA. This timely webinar interview of Charisse Sparks, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Inspire HGNS, will provide insight into physician perspectives on establishing partnerships with dental sleep medicine providers. Attendees will gain insights into the implications of these changes and how collaborative pathways between dentists and otolaryngologists can lead to better treatment outcomes for patients with OSA.
Dentists treating patients with sleep-related breathing disorders.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explore the latest scientific and clinical research influencing the recent changes in medical insurance reimbursement guidelines;
- Discuss how otolaryngologists determine the appropriateness of surgical interventions based on patient evaluations;
- Emphasize the dentists’ role in well-informed patient treatment decisions through evaluation of a patient’s suitability for OAT and education regarding the potential benefits and risks associated with OAT; and
- Define systems for transparent communication and support between treatment providers in the care of patients with OSA.
|Charisse Sparks, M.D. has served as Chief Medical Officer since July 2023. In addition, Dr. Sparks served on Inspire’s Board from July 2022 to July 2023, including as a member of Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee. Previously, Dr. Sparks served as Chief Medical Officer of AppliedVR, Inc., a privately-held company focused on virtual reality-based treatments that addresses the complexity of pain and other conditions, since February 2022. Prior to this and since 2016, she held various roles at DePuy Synthes, Inc., an orthopaedics company, and a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, including as Vice President / Integrated Leader of Trauma, CMF, and Biomaterials from September 2018 to February 2022. Dr. Sparks holds a B.S. from Wichita State University and a M.D. from the University of Kansas School of Medicine. She completed her residency in orthopaedics at the University of Arkansas Medical School and followship in orthopaedic trauma at Harvard Medical School.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
- I am Chief Medical Officer of publicly traded Inspire Medical Systems, Inc.
- I am a shareholder (stocks and options) of Inspire Medical Systems, Inc.